Effective orthodontic treatment is made easy with Invisalign® clear aligners. These innovative appliances have empowered countless individuals to improve their smiles with straighter teeth, and they can do the same for you.
Invisalign® Aligners in Omaha, NE
Invisalign® aligners offer a state-of-the-art and discreet orthodontic treatment solution that is designed to comfortably fit over your teeth to gradually adjust the alignment of your teeth. These aligners are custom-made using 3D models of your current teeth and your desired final results.
With Invisalign®, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks, each set slightly shifting your teeth until you reach your desired results. This process typically takes around two years to complete. You can remove the aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning, but it is important to wear them as much as possible to achieve optimal results.
At first, you may experience some tightness and discomfort while wearing the aligners, but this will decrease as they adjust to your teeth over the course of a few days. With Invisalign®, you can achieve a beautiful, healthy smile with minimal interruption to your daily routine.
How does the Invisalign® work?
To start your Invisalign® journey, we will take photographs of your face and teeth, and take dental impressions and x-rays. These records will be used to create a personalized 3D model of your teeth, which will be sent to Invisalign® with detailed instructions from Dr.Wilkinson on how the final product should look. After the model is perfected, custom trays will be created and sent to our office. The trays will be switched out every two weeks for up to two years, or whatever length of time is determined by Dr.Wilkinson.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® uses clear transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
According to Invisalign®’s website, the cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length / complexity of treatment. With Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.
Who can use Invisalign®?
Many people who need mild to moderate corrections to their teeth and bite can benefit from Invisalign®. This orthodontic solution can help with crooked or misaligned teeth, significant spacing issues, and even minor bite issues. However, more serious orthodontic issues may not be treatable with Invisalign® and will require additional methods of treatment.
Interested in Invisalign®?
If you would like to setup an Invisalign® consultation, if you have any questions about how Invisalign® works, or if you're unsure if Invisalign is right for you—contact us.